Information For Parents
Coronavirus: Holiday Courses Update 2021
As the safety and welfare of all Newcastle United Foundation participants, their families and staff remain of paramount importance, Holiday Courses this year will look slightly different.
All changes and updates to courses ensure sessions meet current guidance issued by the Government and Football Association regarding the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
We want to give you peace of mind that our venues and courses are as safe as possible, which is why we have put the following measures and advice in place:
On the Pitch:
- All coaches to wear face covering/mask when indoors*
- Staff training has taken place to allow staff to plan and deliver safe sessions
- Safe distance between groups to allow for social distancing
- Avoid use of hands where possible for outfield players
*Subject to change based on guidance from Government and the FA
Off the Pitch:
- All venues have been deep cleaned prior to course
- All equipment to be cleaned before and after each session
- Specially designed sign in and out protocol for players and parents
- Playing area and facility walkways have no access to the public or parents (barrier or fencing in place)
- Social distancing signs and hand sanitising stations in place at all venues
- Daily COVID checklist for all parents, participants and staff to answer on sign in
- Limited or no car parking available on site (Drop off and Pick up points will be signposted)
- Parents/guardians are requested not to stay and watch. Please drop off and pick up at designated times
- No indoor activity. Indoor access will be kept to a minimum and permitted for lunchtimes and for use of toilet only
- Lunchtimes will be staggered over an 60 to 90-minute period to ensure group sizes indoors are kept to a minimum
- Toilets will be available for participants with strict guidance in place that must be followed (including handwashing)
- Toilets to be cleaned at regular intervals
- Hand sanitiser to be administered on entry and exit to all participants and staff
- All Foundation staff to have access to full PPE, if required
- Emergency aid only to be administered by Foundation staff member wearing full PPE
Additional things you can do to help:
- Drinks – send child with their own water bottle, which can either be thrown away or can be thoroughly washed after each use. You may also wish to provide your child with a healthy snack each day.
- Entry and Exit – ensure you arrive to drop off and pick up your child at the communicated times, following signs and staff direction. If driving, parents are requested not to get out of car. If walking to the venue, please follow floor signs and staff direction. Please use main gates only to access the site.
- Kit – ensure your child arrives ready to play, in full playing kit, boots and any additional clothing (weather dependant). Please ensure your child attends in clean kit daily.
- Sun Cream – if required, apply to your child prior to drop off. Our staff will not be able to apply sun cream or be able to look after sun cream for your child
- Medication –if required, ensure your child has any medication prior to the session if needed (anti-histamine or inhaler). Ensure your child has inhaler in sealed bag (if required)
- Laces – ensure your child is confident and comfortable tying own boot laces. If your son or daughter is not, please ensure your child wears Laceeze or a similar product from another supplier ahead of their attendance.
- Communicate – Please let us know if your child has any symptoms that may be wrongly identified as symptoms of coronavirus (e.g. a cough)
- Daily Self-Assessment – ensure you complete a daily self-assessment for yourself and your child prior to leaving the house. If you have any concerns or doubt please do not attend the venue.
- Transport – follow current government guidance in relation to transport
- Track and Trace App – sign in by scanning the venue QR code, which will be accessible from the car window
Any changes or adaptations to our delivery will be communicated through our website. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our Holiday Courses, please contact Senior Football Development Officer, Peter Jackson via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
About our Holiday Courses
Holiday Courses include fun coaching activities, skills challenges and lots of small-sided games.
- Children will be supervised by Newcastle United Foundation. coaches at all times, including at lunchtimes for holiday courses or fun days.
- Players will be divided into relevant age groups. Each group will follow an age appropriate coaching syllabus designed by Newcastle United Foundation.
- Our maximum coach-to-player ratio is 1:16.
- Newcastle United Foundation promotes respect, fair play, discipline and anti-bullying at all times.
- Each child will receive a course certificate and there will also be chances to win Newcastle United prizes.
Newcastle United Foundation is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults who participate in our programmes. The Foundation has a Safeguarding Officer and all staff are fully trained in Safeguarding.
For more information about safeguarding, visit our safeguarding page.
Our commitment to quality
We are committed to maintaining the highest possible standards in coaching, service excellence and safeguarding.
In maintaining this best practice, we ensure that:
- Our ratios of children to coaches are no more than 16:1.
- We maintain regular up-to-date risk assessments on each of our venues, with each risk assessment present on the day of your child’s course.
- We obtain digital parental consent forms with detailed medical information for each child.
- We hold public liability insurance.
- Our coaches are FA qualified, have an enhanced DBS check and up-to-date certificates in first aid and safeguarding and are experienced and confident working with children of all abilities.
- Each venue will have a Head Coach as a point of contact for parents.
- Coaches follow a planned course syllabus. Every session, regardless of its focus, is shaped on the principles of enjoyment and the progression of the individual player.
What to bring
- Full playing kit including shin pads and appropriate footwear for the venue (football boots with studs/moulded studs/blades, Astroturf trainers or trainers.)
- A packed lunch for holiday courses plus snacks and water to stay hydrated throughout the day.
- Suncream and hats in the event of good weather.
- Warm, thin layers of clothing and waterproofs in the event of bad weather.
- Places are limited to ensure quality, so please book early to avoid disappointment.
- Successful applicants will receive a confirmation email upon receipt of their booking form and payment.
To book your place
- Click here to view all Holiday Courses that are currently running
- Call 0844 372 1892 ext. 8451 to pay by debit/credit card. Please have the child’s details ready.
- To pay by cheque, please send a cheque (made payable to Newcastle United Foundation), a completed booking form on the reverse of leaflet and return to: Newcastle United Foundation, St. James’ Park, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 4ST to arrive no later than the Wednesday before the course commences.
- Please remember to state which course code you wish to enroll on.
Full payment must be enclosed with booking form.
"All the staff members treat children with respect whilst they are there. I particularly like the end of the week when the coaches speak positively about the children and the effort they have put in makes them feel good about themselves and shows them their participation and effort has been valued."Claire Stonehouse, Parent