Soccer Schools: Information for Parents
About our Soccer School Courses
Soccer Schools include fun coaching activities, skills challenges and lots of small-sided games.
- Children will be supervised by Newcastle United Foundation. coaches at all times, including at lunchtimes for holiday courses or fun days.
- Players will be divided into relevant age groups. Each group will follow an age appropriate coaching syllabus designed by Newcastle United Foundation.
- Our maximum coach-to-player ratio is 1:16.
- Newcastle United Foundation promotes respect, fair play, discipline and anti-bullying at all times.
- Each child will receive a course certificate and there will also be chances to win Newcastle United prizes.
Newcastle United Foundation is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults who participate in our programmes. The Foundation has a Safeguarding Officer and all staff are fully trained in Safeguarding.
For more information about safeguarding, visit our safeguarding page.
Our commitment to quality
We are committed to maintaining the highest possible standards in coaching, service excellence and safeguarding.
In maintaining this best practice, we ensure that:
- Our ratios of children to coaches are no more than 16:1.
- We maintain regular up-to-date risk assessments on each of our venues, with each risk assessment present on the day of your child’s course.
- We obtain digital parental consent forms with detailed medical information for each child.
- We hold public liability insurance.
- Our coaches are FA qualified, have an enhanced DBS check and up-to-date certificates in first aid and safeguarding and are experienced and confident working with children of all abilities.
- Each venue will have a Head Coach as a point of contact for parents.
- Coaches follow a planned course syllabus. Every session, regardless of its focus, is shaped on the principles of enjoyment and the progression of the individual player.
What to bring
- Full playing kit including shin pads and appropriate footwear for the venue (football boots with studs/moulded studs/blades, Astroturf trainers or trainers.)
- A packed lunch for holiday courses plus snacks and water to stay hydrated throughout the day.
- Suncream and hats in the event of good weather.
- Warm, thin layers of clothing and waterproofs in the event of bad weather.
- Places are limited to ensure quality, so please book early to avoid disappointment.
- Successful applicants will receive a confirmation email upon receipt of their booking form and payment.
To book your place
- Click here to view all Soccer Schools that are currently running
- Call 0844 372 1892 ext. 8451 to pay by debit/credit card. Please have the child’s details ready.
- To pay by cheque, please send a cheque (made payable to Newcastle United Foundation), a completed booking form on the reverse of leaflet and return to: Newcastle United Foundation, St James’ Park, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 4ST to arrive no later than the Wednesday before the course commences.
- Please remember to state which course code you wish to enroll on.
Full payment must be enclosed with booking form.
"All the staff members treat children with respect whilst they are there. I particularly like the end of the week when the coaches speak positively about the children and the effort they have put in makes them feel good about themselves and shows them their participation and effort has been valued."Claire Stonehouse, Parent