Residential Football Training Camps Launched
Newcastle United Foundation is teaming up with Kingswood to offer residential football training camps to young people, aged 8-18.
The three or five day courses will give participants the opportunity to pack their bags for a fantastic experience which will include taking part in training sessions and small sided games under the expert tuition of Newcastle United Foundation coaches.
Dukeshouse Wood is one of the UK’s leading outdoor activity centres, set on a stunning fellside, just minutes away from the leafy suburbs of Hexham. Venue highlights include on-site football pitches and training areas, an 18 acre adventure park equipped with a host of exciting and challenging activities, including high ropes, zipwire, 3G swing and leap of faith as well as a private woodland for bushcraft, orienteering and nature trails.
Those that sign up will also have the opportunity to go behind-the-scenes at St James’ Park and take part in workshops on fitness and leading healthy lifestyles.
Martin Herdman, Football Development Officer at Newcastle United Foundation, said: “This is the first time we’ve been in a position to offer residential football training courses and we’re really excited about the scope that brings.
“It’s a brilliant opportunity for young people to have a fantastic footballing experience with the bonus of using the facilities at Dukeshouse Wood too. We can’t wait to welcome the first intake – they are guaranteed to have a great time!”
Prices start at £120 per child for a three day residential and from £199 per child for five days. Trips are organised from May to October and are open to young people of all skill levels.
For more details, or to book, click here
- 3 or 5 Day Programmes at Dukeshouse Wood Kingswood Centre (multi-bedded rooms)
- All meals (first meal is dinner on day 1 and final meal lunch on the last day)
- 4 or 6 x 1.5hr high quality training sessions and small sided games each day with full time professional coaches from Newcastle United Foundation
- Small sided game or mini-tournament
- Behind the scenes stadium tour of St James’ Park
- Teambuilding and adventure activities each day (e.g; zip wire, leap of faith, climbing, high ropes, 3G swing, abseiling tower etc)
- Scheduled evening activities
- Return bus transfers to St James’ Park (5 day programme only)
- Coaching workshop for accompanying teachers or coaches
- Medal and certificate
- 1:10 supervisory FREE places for accompanying adults or teachers
- Comprehensive sports tour insurance
Stay in touch
Sign up for our newsletter to receive updates and exclusive offers