Rafa Lends Support To Foundation Awards Dinner
Newcastle United Foundation to celebrate unsung local heroes at Fundraising Dinner at St James’ Park on Tuesday 1st November.
Kate Bradley, Head of Foundation, recently met Newcastle United Manager Rafa Benitez to update him on how the charity is making a difference to local people, after he agreed to attend the dinner with senior players as Guests of Honour.
As an active supporter of the Foundation, Rafa was keen to share this special evening and reward some of the unsung black and white heroes supported by the Foundation.
Awards on the night will be handed out to some amazing children, young people and adults from across the region and will include:
- Young Learner Award (supported by First Class Supply) – Recognises outstanding hard work and commitment from a young person under 16 taking part in one of our school education programmes.
- Adult Learner Award – Recognises outstanding hard work and commitment from an adult taking part in one of our Adult Learning programmes.
- Young Leader Award – Recognises the exceptional leadership of young person under 16 who acts as a role model to others
- Health and Wellbeing Award – Recognising the efforts of an individual who has made impressive strides to improve their own (or others) Health and Wellbeing.
- Team of the Year Award – Celebrating an inspirational team performance and achievement
- Rising Stars – Recognising emerging talent, passion and effort from the Foundation’s advanced coaching centres for girls and boys
- Disabled Player of the Year (supported by Inter-Vention) – Recognises remarkable perseverance, talent and dedication by a disabled football player
The Foundation will also recognise a Foundation Champion and present the second Alder Sweeney Award, in memory of John Alder and Liam Sweeney; Magpies supporters who tragically lost their lives in the MH17 disaster, which recognises an outstanding contribution to grassroots football.
Head of Newcastle United Foundation, Kate Bradley, said: “Rafa has been a huge advocate of the Foundation since he became Manager at Newcastle United and we’re delighted that he is joining us to celebrate some of our greatest success stories of the last 12 months. We hugely appreciate Rafa and the team’s support and those businesses and sponsors that have already confirmed their attendance. We’re looking forward to sharing some really special moments with our guests.”
Rafa Benitez added: “The work the Foundation does in the community is really important and I’m very happy to be supporting them at this event. I have been really impressed by what I have seen and heard so far. I’m looking forward to celebrating some very special people on the night.”
If your business would like to attend and support the Foundation a limited number of tables are still available priced from £1595.00 and award sponsorship is also available.
For more information, or to book, please contact Kelly Foster (Kelly.email@example.com<mailto:Kelly.firstname.lastname@example.org>) on 0844 372 1892 ext.8501.
Stay in touch
Sign up for our newsletter to receive updates and exclusive offers